Six youth and young adults from Southern Georgian Bay received up to $3,000 in start-up funds and mentorship to launch their businesses
A new cohort of local youth and young adults are receiving small business start-up support through the Summer Company program offered by the South Georgian Bay Small Business Enterprise Centre.
Local Summer Company participants include a swimming school, a virtual programming school to learn coding, a photography, car detailing, woodworking company, and sleepover organizer.
Aspiring entrepreneurs will receive hands-on business training, mentorship and funding of up to $3,000 to launch their business. Participants in the Summer Company program must be between the ages of 15 and 29.
Here’s a bit more about the 2022 Summer Company entrepreneurs for South Georgian Bay:
- Ava Keating of Ava’s Swim School – private swimming lessons at home pools and lifeguard services for private events. Contact: [email protected]
- Liam Galvin of ThinkCoding – virtual coding school for kids aged seven and up. One week digital courses. To learn more, visit thinkcoding.ca.
- Nathan Bedard Photography – portrait, landscape and drone photography including family photoshoots, shingle/rooftop drone reporting, branding sessions and collaboration for special events. To learn more, visit nathanbedardphotography.com.
- Nathan Jackson of NJackson’s Detailing – Detail of moving vehicles in South Georgian Bay. To learn more, visit njacksondetailing.ca.
- Owen Hammond of Bluewater Designs – woodworking in Collingwood, including trendy finishes such as epoxy resin and acrylic accents. To learn more, visit bluewaterdesign.ca.
- Zoe Moffat-Lynch of Slumberzzz – sleepover experience brought to your home, including tent and decor. For more information, call 705-606-0850.
The South Georgian Bay Small Business Enterprise Center encourages the community to welcome these new business owners and learn more about the participants. You can find more on their social media via Facebook @SBGSSmallBusinessEnterpriseCentre or Instagram @sgb_sbec.